Escape Plan - Terms and conditions
Our intention is that all of this information is
We believe in chasing all those things in the way we work. Let us know if you feel like we haven’t achieved that by emailing: email@example.com
We’ll listen and take action where necessary to make sure we match those three goals
From time to time these terms and conditions may change. Any changes will be made on this page, making this page the definitive place to review our terms at all times.
Escape Plan is the trading name of Greenwich Online Ltd and we are a New Zealand owned and operated business.
- All prices are in New Zealand dollars and include GST where applicable
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- All credit cards are charged in New Zealand dollars.
Donations to provide clean water
- For every order we donate to Oxfam New Zealand, for the purpose of supporting their ongoing work in the Pacific. We donate $1.80, no matter how small your order, which is a value that is enough to provide clean water to one more person in need in the Pacific.
- Donations are made quarterly to Oxfam New Zealand, a registered charity, which uses these donations to fund charitable work that may include but is not limited to clean water initiatives. We've agreed with Oxfam to donate a minimum of $1000 per year, regardless of how much we sell.
- Please note that Oxfam does not endorse of support any of the products sold on Escape Plan.
- Escape Plan uses DPS to securely manage all payments. DPS is New Zealand’s most trusted online payment service and is an innovative global leader in secure payment technology. The payment process is fully hosted by DPS and Escape Plan does not hold any credit card information related to purchases. For further details see paymentexpress.com
- Escape Plan will endeavor to process and ship your order as fast as possible.
- Escape Plan reserves the right to refuse any order without providing a reason.
- If your order is refused, any payment taken for the order will be refunded to you as soon as possible using the payment method you used to place the order.
- Escape plan is not liable for any losses or damages caused by this website.
- Should a product be placed on the site at an incorrect price due to an error either from Escape Plan or in supplier pricing; Escape plan reserves the right to refuse any orders placed for items at that incorrect price, whether or not the order has been confirmed to you.
- In the event that your credit card has been charged for an item that has been incorrectly priced, Escape Plan will refund you as soon as is possible and inform you that the order will not be fulfilled.
- Shouldn’t happen very often we reckon – We’re not too bad on getting stuff right. It’s a big part of who we are , but hey, sometimes mistakes happen.
- By ordering on or registering your email address with Escape Plan you are agreeing to let us add your contact information to our database. We will use this information to contact you with confirmations about your orders, shipping information, any returns or warranty information required and at times marketing communications on stuff we think you might find interesting.
- If we get that wrong, you can always unsubscribe from communications from us by clicking the link in any of the Escape Plan emails or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process your request to unsubscribe straight away.
- If you decide to delete your account/leave Escape Plan, your personal account details will be deleted straight away.
- Escape Plan, P.O Box 304011, Hauraki Corner, Auckland 0750, New Zealand
- Escape Plan, c/Stace Hammond, 34 Shortland Street, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
- We fully abide by the New Zealand Privacy Act
- The information we collect is necessary for providing the best service to you, and effective running of an e-commerce website
- Don’t worry – we only ask for information we need and we use worldwide best practices in looking after your information.
- Your information will not be accessed or disclosed in any other way, unless you have agreed to it
- Feel free to get in touch with us on email@example.com if you have any questions. We will do our best to help
Escape Plan is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. If we ask you for certain pieces of information by which you can be identified you can be sure it will only be used in accordance with this policy.
What we collect
- name and contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- information about your purchases
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Escape Plan collects the details provided by you on registration together with information we learn about you from your use of our service and your visits to our web site.
We may collect additional information related to your participation in any promotions or competitions we offer and information you provide when giving us feedback or completing profile forms. We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site use which enables us to improve the service we provide.
Payments are securely processed via Direct Payment Solutions (DPS). We do not hold any credit card numbers that you use to pay us. DPS is a global leader in secure payment services, and certified with Visa, Mastercard and other major cards.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to provide a continuously improving service to you. We also require it for these reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
On occasion, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
To opt out of any further contacts from Escape plan such as email newsletters and promotional updates, you can unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of any Escape Plan email or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will action your request.
Also , if you want to change any personal details please login to your account via the Escape Plan homepage.
If you decide to delete your account/leave Escape Plan, your personal account details will be deleted straight away.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
When you come to the Escape Plan site a cookie is stored on your computer.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic. It is an encrypted text file containing some information about your preferences and allows your usage to be tracked.
Cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which parts of our site and service you find useful and which you do not. A cookie does not give us access to your computer in any way, nor any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Cookies are used commonly in the industry and you will find that most major websites use them.
You can always disable cookies however, by changing your browser settings.
While you do not need to allow your browser to accept cookies in order to browse much of our web site, we may not be able to provide some services or parts of services you request from us, if you have cookies disabled.
Cookies also help us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and the data used is in the form of aggregated usage statistics and is anonymous to third parties. These usage statistics may be used by third party advertising companies for retargeting advertisements and monitoring the effectiveness of advertising activity
Links to other websites
Returns and faulty goods processes
- Items purchased at full price from Escape Plan can be returned as long as the returned goods are received by Escape Plan within 101 days after the purchase date, for a refund or an exchange for another item.
- Items purchased from the outlet section on Escape Plan can be returned up to 30 days after the purchase date for a refund or an exchange for another item.
- All Items need to be returned in an unworn and unused condition, with the original tags still attached; items may not be accepted for return if they are returned damaged.
- Acceptance of returned items is at the sole discretion of Escape Plan, except when goods are not fit for purpose under the Consumer Guarantees Act.
- If you are returning boxed goods please do not attach anything to the box, nor use the box as the mail packaging. Instead package the item and box up for mailing back to us; damaged, or marked boxes may not be accepted as a return.
How do I return an item?
- First, decide if you would like a refund for your items, or to exchange them for something else.
- Fill in the details on the back of your Escape Plan order confirmation slip (which will be included with your order) – This will let us know whether you are after a refund or an exchange and a few other details. If you have misplaced your form you can download one here.
- Safely package up your item for returning and send it to us at: Escape Plan, P.O Box 304011, Hauraki Corner, Auckland 0750, New Zealand
What happens next?
- Once we receive your return we will process it within 1-3 business days.
- Once processed, your bank or financial institution may take 3-5 business days to process the funds back to your account.
- If you have requested an exchange we will also process this between 1 and 3 business days from receiving your return and have this mailed to you as soon as possible after that.
Returns under warranty
Should an item you purchase from Escape Plan have a manufacturing fault, defect or a failure, you can return it to us and we will pursue a resolution to this for you with the manufacturer. Resolution can include both repair, or replacement of the item(s) you have purchased.
A couple of other things worth noting about warranty returns:
We cannot cover a fault or damage to an item that has come from wear and tear or improper use.
Once faulty items are returned to us, all repairs are completed by the manufacturer. Escape Plan has no control over the manufacturer repair periods but we will ensure we do what we can to make this process is as fast as possible for you – and we will keep you informed of progress during the process.
What’s the warranty process?
Package up your item(s) and send them back to Escape plan at: Escape Plan, P.O Box 304011, Hauraki Corner, Auckland 0750, New Zealand.
Once received, we will review the fault and get in touch with you to let you know what action has been taken. For your reference the available actions are:
- If the product is under warranty, and if possible, the product will be repaired to the standard of the manufacturer. All repairs are carried out by the manufacturer.
- If your product cannot be repaired then it will be replaced with either the same or a similar item.
- If no replacement product is available we will exchange it for a product of the same value that you choose.
- If none of the above are available actions then a full refund will be issued to you.
- We will also refund you the cost of mailing your faulty item back to us as part of the process.
- If you would like any further information about the warranty process please email us as: email@example.com, quoting your order number, name and a little info about your query.
Free Express Shipping on all New Zealand orders over $25
We ship for free when you spend more than $25 with us, and if you orders before 3pm on a weekday we'll get out on a courier the same day. We use good old NZ Couriers, so most orders are delivered within 48 hours, excluding weekends and holidays since they too need time to escape. You could calculate how much time and petrol it would take to drive to a mall and buy a similar item. But you might have to park outside in the rain, or run into that odd guy from accounts, or your ex-girlfriends sister. In the meantime our shipping is still free and you just saved yourself time that’s way better spent planning your next adventure.
Here’s how it all works:
New Zealand Shipping
Express shipping is free for orders with a final price of $25 or over - Nice.
Shipping for orders with a final price under $25 is $5.99 - Almost as nice.
Orders received before 3pm Monday to Friday will be shipped that day, by those good people at NZ Couriers. Most orders will be delivered within 1-2 business days – which will go at least some way to managing any Veruca Salt ‘I want it now’ thing you have happening. We respect that by the way... we do it all the time. Please note we do not deliver on weekends, and deliveries to rural addresses will take longer - usually an additional 5 days.
When we send your order you will receive email confirmation of this and you will be able to track the progress of your package. Please click on the link in the email sent to you to do this.
If you are ordering from Escape Plan from beyond the beautiful shores of New Zealand, that’s all good with us. We will ship to many countries, but not all unfortunately.
We have tried to keep this all really simple and easy so if you are ordering from any of the countries listed below then the cost of shipping per order will be $25 for Australia, or $35 for the United States or the United Kingdom.
In some instances there may be customs or duty charges in your country that you will need to pay additionally to your order cost from Escape Plan. Escape Plan has no influence over these charges, nor do we cater for paying for these charges through us. If you would like information about charges in your country please contact your country’s customs office.
Unfortunately if you are wanting to order from a country not on the list below, we won’t be able to take your order. Nice to know you have been here to see us though. One day we may sort ourselves out to ship in your general direction. Till then, enjoy your journeys. Flick us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback on where we should ship.
Worldwide price match
Selected items on our site are available for our sweet worldwide price match. Check out each product page to see if they are.
If you find one of these same items for sale at a lower price elsewhere, just let us know and we’ll be happy to match the price. We want to make sure you’re getting the best value. To request a price match, please email email@example.com, with a link to the item and website you’d like to match. A few terms and conditions though to make sure we’re comparing apples with apples
i. The item must be at full price from and in-stock at the same size and colour. Sorry, we won’t match to run-out sales, promotions or one-off discounts via coupon codes. Acceptance of this criteria is at our sole discretion. Why? Well lots of places offer cheap prices one-off sale items that you can’t return. With us, you’ve got up to 101 days to return, and chances are it’ll be available in something other than XXXS – seems pretty low risk to us.
ii. We can’t price match secondhand or counterfeit product, sorry. That awesome watch on that Ukrainian website is only $1.99, but, well, you get what we mean. Acceptance will be at sole discretion of Escape Plan.
iii. We price match to online stores only. We’d love to do a price match to good old fashioned bricks and mortar stores, but there’s only so far our price matching guys can pedal every day to confirm pricing. But, most bricks and mortar stores have a website, so try finding the item there.
iv. Comparable price must include trackable shipping to New Zealand, and price match is only available for shipping to New Zealand.
v. If you’re comparing to an overseas website (we check out great prices on US websites all the time too!), then we’ll convert from US to NZ dollars at standard credit card foreign exchanges rates published on the BNZ website, plus the standard 2.25% fee you’re charged for foreign currency transactions, and of course any GST that our friends at customs charge.
vi. Price match cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion, and is subject to Escape Plan stock availability.
Crikey! That’s a lot of words - maybe just drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a match.