Summary for people who like summaries more than they like medium sized policy explanations:
- We fully abide by the New Zealand Privacy Act
- The information we collect is necessary for providing the best service to you, and effective running of an e-commerce website
- Don’t worry – we only ask for information we need and we use worldwide best practices in looking after your information.
- Your information will not be accessed or disclosed in any other way, unless you have agreed to it
- Feel free to get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. We will do our best to help
Medium sized policy explanation for people who found our summary lacking, or who after reading it found themselves so drawn in that they are now keen to hear more.
Escape Plan is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. If we ask you for certain pieces of information by which you can be identified you can be sure it will only be used in accordance with this policy.
What we collect
- name and contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- information about your purchases
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Escape Plan collects the details provided by you on registration together with information we learn about you from your use of our service and your visits to our web site.
We may collect additional information related to your participation in any promotions or competitions we offer and information you provide when giving us feedback or completing profile forms. We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site use which enables us to improve the service we provide.
Payments are securely processed via Direct Payment Solutions (DPS). We do not hold any credit card numbers that you use to pay us. DPS is a global leader in secure payment services, and certified with Visa, Mastercard and other major cards.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to provide a continuously improving service to you. We also require it for these reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
On occasion, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
To opt out of any further contacts from Escape plan such as email newsletters and promotional updates, you can unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of any Escape Plan email or email us at email@example.com and we will action your request.
Also , if you want to change any personal details please login to your account via the Escape Plan homepage.
If you decide to delete your account/leave Escape Plan, your personal account details will be deleted straight away.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
When you come to the Escape Plan site a cookie is stored on your computer.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic. It is an encrypted text file containing some information about your preferences and allows your usage to be tracked.
Cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which parts of our site and service you find useful and which you do not. A cookie does not give us access to your computer in any way, nor any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Cookies are used commonly in the industry and you will find that most major websites use them.
You can always disable cookies however, by changing your browser settings.
While you do not need to allow your browser to accept cookies in order to browse much of our web site, we may not be able to provide some services or parts of services you request from us, if you have cookies disabled.
Cookies also help us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and the data used is in the form of aggregated usage statistics and is anonymous to third parties. These usage statistics may be used by third party advertising companies for retargeting advertisements and monitoring the effectiveness of advertising activity
Links to other websites